Entrada destacada

¿Cómo aprende un adulto?

  Entender cómo aprende un adulto Por Patricia Duque Patriduque@gmail.com Anestesiología y...

sábado, 9 de diciembre de 2017

ESRA Regional Anaesthesia and Pain cadaveric workshops at Madrid, Arindam Dutta opinion



I am Arindam Dutta
I attended the
,Spain, on 25-26 May 2017 and 27 May 2017, respectively, with the aim of updating my knowledge, skills and confidence in these fields. I had recently completed diplomas in these fields from the esteemed Montpellier University, France, and wanted to gain some hands-on experience.


I have to say that my experience at the workshop far exceeded my expectations. Unlike any other workshops I have attended in the past, the education I could achieve here, I submit, was more than any other.

Right from the outset, after a brief lecture and didactic session, we were onto the practical training. There were many model and cadaver stations, giving ample opportunity for learning and practicing landmark and ultrasound guided regional anaesthetic and pain management techniques. The instructors were especially thorough and so were the qualities of cadavers and models. The ‘Thiel’ cadavers were lifelike to feel and handle, allowing us a realistic training experience. The time spent on each body part and techniques for their needling were ample, both for demonstration and hands-on learning. The teams were appropriately numbered, just a handful actually! At all times the atmosphere was stress free and so conducive to learning. There was a lot of discussion and camaraderie.

I will remember the valuable time I spent at Madrid for all always. For this I owe an enormous debt to the mighty efforts of Dr Mario Fajardo and his wonderful team. From the bottom of my heart I laud him for this endeavor.  I humbly urge him to continue with more such international workshops, possibly every year, in the future, with great success. I thank the auspices of ESRA for make it all possible.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario